Chris is an experienced practitioner, frequently appearing in the High Court and with extensive appellate experience (including the Court of Appeal and paperwork for the Supreme Court), specialising in:
- Property (including boundary disputes and adverse possession, easements, restrictive covenants, fraud, trusts of land (including claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996), proprietary estoppel, rectification of the register, rectification of documents, and possession).
- Chancery (including Inheritance Act (IPFDA) claims, disputes over wills including testamentary capacity, undue influence, lost wills, and related disputes involving constructive and resulting trusts, and proprietary estoppel).
- Commercial law of all descriptions (including debt recovery, contract disputes, commercial injunctions, freezing injunctions, unjust enrichment, disputes involving trusts principles and shams, with a particular interest in IT and Telecommunications disputes, and non-domestic rating liability orders).
- Disciplinary proceedings involving enforcement agents and High Court Enforcement Officers.
- Professional negligence,insolvency, directors’ duties and shareholder matters when they arise in connection with his main other specialisms.
After 10 years’ experience founding and running computer and network security business, Chris is ideally placed to assist with IT services disputes.
Recent significant cases
Court Enforcement Services v Marston Legal Services  EWCA Civ 588 (Priority of writs; duties of enforcement agents and High Court Enforcement Officers as regards payment of proceeds.)
Victus Estates (2) Limitedv Munroe & others (Central London County Court, 2019-20) (Success after 7-day trial in obtaining an order to rectify the register for a house belonging to his client after a fraudulent transfer arranged by her joint titleholder and the purported transferee; issues of unjust enrichment, subrogation and test for rectification.)
Broxfield Limited v Sheffield City Council  A.C.D. 106;  EWHC 1946 (Admin) (Appeal by way of case stated; execution of leases; sham transactions.)
Barnsley MBC v Hadfield  P.T.S.R. 111,  EWHC 866 (QB) (Test for injunctive relief for breach of a tree preservation order; test for whether new growth included in tree preservation orders.)
Clarke v Lighting & Lamps UK and another  EWCA Civ 1454 (Clarification of the test on late amendment of appeal notices.)
Chandra v Mayor  EWHC 2636 (Ch) (Enforceability of costs orders against represented defendants.)
West Sussex County Council v Persons Unknown  EWHC 4024 (QB) (The eviction of the Balcombe ‘fracking’ protesters.)