HMCTS operational summary: 16 April 2020
- We’re consolidating the work of courts and tribunals into fewer buildings. Some building are open to the public, some buildings are staffed but are not open to the public, and some buildings are temporarily closed. The list was updated 9 April 2020
- Where courts and tribunals are closed, we’ll contact parties directly to confirm new hearing arrangements. We’ll contact those parties whose hearings were scheduled to happen first, and work our way through the list as quickly as possible. Please be patient while we do this, and avoid making contact if you can.
- Cloud Video Platform (CVP) will start to be used in some civil and family hearings, as well as Skype. Please see our updated telephone and video hearings during coronavirus outbreak and a guide on how to join a telephone and video hearing
- Our Courts and Tribunals Service Centres will be available from 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm on Fridays until further notice
- Our South East region will only be taking calls between 10am to 2pm in all jurisdictions (with the exceptions on the next line)
- Chelmsford, Norwich, Ipswich and Basildon Crown Courts are temporarily unable to answer calls. The recorded message will advise you what to do
- We’re continuing to avoid physical hearings and arranging remote hearings wherever possible. Anyone who requires technical support for a telephone or video hearing can call 0330 8089405
- We’ve introduced temporary new hours in our Scotland contact centre.