HMCTS operational summary: 31 March 2020
Latest updates from HMCTS
- We’re consolidating the work of courts and tribunals into fewer buildings – some are open to the public, some buildings are staffed but are not open to the public, and some courts are suspended and the buildings are temporarily closed.
- We’ve published updated guidance on security, cleaning and social-distancing arrangements in court and tribunal buildings during the coronavirus pandemic.
- We’ve published updated guidance on use of telephone and video hearings to ensure the essential work of our courts and tribunals continue
- Jury trials that are underway continue but there are no new jury trials
- Crown Courts are only covering urgent work
- Magistrates’ courts are only covering urgent work (overnight custody and people brought from prison).
- Civil court listing priorities
- We’re continuing to avoid physical hearings and arranging remote hearings wherever possible
- We’ve introduced temporary new hours in our Scotland contact centre.
- The High Court is covering work according to the High Court Contingency Plan. The Court of Appeal is only covering urgent work.
- The Royal Courts of Justice Fees Office has temporarily closed.
- Judicial Office has published a number of important updates by jurisdiction