Annette Thomson is a specialist Commercial and Chancery Barrister. She is dual qualified in England and South Africa, where she practiced since 2010, before joining the English Bar in 2020.
As such, Annette brings with her a wealth of experience, far beyond her year of call, such that she is able to give both strategic and pragmatic advice to meet the needs of her clients.
Annette’s current and recent case load includes:
- drafting Particulars of Claim for the repayment of consideration under the terms of a share purchase agreement
- providing advice in a claim for unpaid invoices and an early termination charge, due under a services agreement, relating to a property development, involving a potential counterclaim for breach, which dispute is the subject of an arbitration clause
- providing advice to Executors in relation to a shareholder dispute, arising following the death of a 50% shareholder in a property development company
- providing advice in relation to a boundary dispute and related issues concerning rectification of the transfer
- drafting proceedings for the removal of an Executor, for the sale of various properties, under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 and providing advice in relation to Capital Gains Tax issues