Chris acted for the successful respondent in an appeal before Zacaroli J concerning trusts of land and a bankrupt’s estate: Bulathwela v Thomas and anor  EWHC 3511 (Ch).
Chris acted as junior to Hugh Jory QC during a two-week trial, representing a defendant director in respect of alleged breaches of fiduciary duty during the re-structuring of a group of companies: LRH Services Ltd (In Liquidation) v Raymond Arthur Trew and ors  EWHC 600 (Ch).
Chris also assisted Hugh Jory QC and Hugo Groves on a successful three-day strike out/summary judgment application on behalf of defendant directors, in respect of claims against them for wrongful trading, transactions at an undervalue, preference and transactions defrauding creditors: Brian Johnson (as Liquidator of Strobe 2) v Christian Arden and ors  EWHC 1624 (Ch)
Chris has also:
• Regularly appeared in the Companies Court on behalf of petitioning and supporting creditors and company directors
• Represented petitioners, respondents and supporting creditors in disputed bankruptcy petitions
• Represented applicants and respondents in applications to set aside statutory demands
• Acted on behalf of and advised administrators and CVA supervisors
• Advised on the Insolvency Act 1986 provisions regarding requests for information and public examination of directors and third parties
• Represented directors and administrators on applications for administration orders and seeking the extension of administrations