Property work forms a significant part of Ella’s practice and she accepts instructions across the full spectrum of property work.
Ella works on matters which include issues of registration of title, trusts of land (including implied, resulting and constructive trusts), easements (including rights of way), restrictive covenants, boundary disputes and mortgages and the enforceability of charges. She also acts and advises on agricultural matters and has appeared in the First-Tier Tribunal to that effect.
Ella regularly represents both commercial and residential landlords and she is very familiar with possession claims. Ella is also able to advise and act in relation to business lease renewals, breach of covenant, dilapidations and service charge disputes.
Ella had a recent notable success at trial when she defended a claim of adverse possession and obtained an order for possession forthwith, damages for trespass and indemnity costs. Permission to appeal was very recently refused and Ella is now advising on the enforcement stage.
Recent cases include:
- Successfully obtaining an order for possession of property after a three day trial principally concerned with a claim of adverse possession and obtaining damages for trespass and indemnity costs.
- Regularly acting in proceedings concerning orders for sale under TOLATA 1996 including in court and at mediation.
- Advising on an easement dispute with particularly complex issues as to whether an interference constituted an actionable interference.
- Appearing in the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) Agricultural Land and Drainage in relation to issues of variations of an agricultural tenancy.
- Acting in possession proceedings and advising on the applicability of the Covid-related stays on possession proceedings.