An Introduction to Directors’ Guarantees – Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom session provides an introduction to the problems which can arise when a company director gives a personal guarantee in respect of company borrowing.
This 2 hour session presented by Cristin Toman will consider the most common forms of guarantee, what terms directors might negotiate to limit their exposure, common defences to guarantee claims, rights of the director against the company and/or co-guarantors, the position of a director/guarantor if the company becomes insolvent.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Common forms of director guarantees
- Formal requirements for a guarantee
- Effect of variation or discharge of the company’s obligations
- Rights of a director-guarantor against co-guarantors and against the company
- Common defences to guarantee claims – misrepresentation, fraud, mistake, non-disclosure, undue influence, unconscionable bargain, unfair relationships
- Position of guarantor in liquidation/administration
- Effect of a CVA on directors’ guarantees
This event is hosted by MBL Seminars, to book please click here