The insolvency team at Enterprise have been involved in many significant reported cases. Stephen Davies KC has advised in relation to many high-profile insolvencies, including Lehmans, Madoff, AIB, Rangers FC, Carillion, Shlosberg, Maud, Asil Nadir and Wind Hellas. Our silks are ably supported by a large team of experienced junior counsel, practising from our London, Bristol, Leeds and Newcastle offices.
We deal with the whole range of restructuring and insolvency work involving companies, LLPs, partnerships and individuals, covering the spectrum of work from applications to set aside statutory demands and restrain the presentation/advertisement of winding-up petitions to large cross border corporate insolvencies.
Members of the team have particular experience in dealing with cases involving:
- Provisional liquidations and interim orders;
- Defective/invalid appointments of administrators and retrospective appointments;
- Clawback claims including transactions at an undervalue; preferences; transactions defrauding creditors and void dispositions under s.127/284 IA 1986
- Misfeasance proceedings and breach of director’s duties;
- Personal and proprietary remedies against directors and third parties;
- Unlawful dividends and unlawful returns of capital;
- Challenges to office-holders’ remuneration;
- Applications to remove and appoint office-holders, including due to office-holder conflicts;
- Directors’ disqualification
The Enterprise insolvency team are keen supporters of the Insolvency Lawyers Association and R3 and team members frequently speak at ILA and R3 seminars and events. Stephen Davies KC was a former President and Council Member of the ILA. Jeremy Bamford is a Council Member of the ILA.